Make sure your baby is properly attached to the breast
- You will have a good supply of milk and your baby will get a good feed.
- It will help stop your breasts getting sore.
Try not to give your baby other food or drink
- The more you feed your baby, the more milk you will produce. Giving other food or drink will reduce your milk supply.
- You might increase the chance of your baby getting an infection.
Try not to give your baby a dummy
- It can make it more difficult for your baby to attach to your breast.
- Your baby will be less likely to feed when they need to.
Don’t be scared to ask for help
- It can take a while before you feel confident breastfeeding. Your midwife or health visitor can support you. Or you can contact one of the helplines and organisations that can advise you about breastfeeding.
If you stop breastfeeding, it can be difficult to start again.
INDONESIA BRESTFEEDING NETWORK
Office ; JL Taman Bendungan Asahan 5 Jakarta Indonesia 10210
phone : 62(021) 70081995 – 5703646
email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
editor in Chief :
Dr WIDODO JUDARWANTO
email : email@example.com
Copyright © 2009, Indonesia Breasfeeding Networkong Information Education Network. All rights reserved.