Books Recommended for Prefessional
Pocket Guide for Lactation Managemen…
- During the CLC course, you will be using the required textbook: Pocket Guide for Lactation Management by Karin Cadwell and Cindy Turner- Maffei. It is available for purchase on the registration form, or you can purchase it from Amazon.com by clicking on the link below. There can be multiple participants using the same text book.
Our CLC Program travels all across the country! Would you like to download a PDF version of our flyer? Click here for the Spring 2009 flyer or here for the Fall 2008 flyer. Or call, fax or write to us for more information.
- Pamphlets, Tear Off Pads and Other Materials
Our sister company, Health Education Associates, sells many pamphlets focusing on breastfeeding, including How to Nurse Your Baby, Men Ask Questions about Breastfeeding, Keeping Breastfeeding Easy: Breastfeeding Problems Can Be Avoided, and More. Health Ed also has tear off pads written by some of our faculty members, including How to Hold Your Baby Skin-to-Skin, Breastfeeding Latch-On 1, 2, 3…, and Feeding Cues for Breastfed Babies. Click here to go to their website – http://www.healthed.cc/ , where you can download a catalog, or request one on the Send Me More Information tab above.
New DVD by Healthy Children Faculty!
- Latch 1, 2, 3: Troubleshooting Breastfeeding in the Early Weeks Breastfeeding is the best choice for mothers, babies, families and society. But what happens if there are breastfeeding challenges in the early weeks? This 17 minute DVD by Healthy Children’s Center for Breastfeeding gives you the step-by-step problem solving strategy to help breastfeeding work.
- Continuity of care is important, especially in the post-partum period, and this DVD aids health care teams in sharing an understanding of baby states, feeding cues and latch, as well as reinforcing essential teaching points to breastfeeding families.
Click here to download a flyer.
- Books Written By Our Healthy Children Faculty
We are proud that four books written by the faculty of Healthy Children are currently available from Jones and Bartlett Publishing. A brief synopsis of each follows below.
- 100 Questions and Answers about BreastfeedingAuthors: Karin Cadwell, PhD, RN, IBCLC , Cindy Turner-Maffei, MA, IBCLC and Anna Blair, PhD, CLCThis text is an evidence-based, comprehensive approach to the many questions women have when they are thinking about breastfeeding and during the time they are breastfeeding their baby. 100 Questions & Answers About Breastfeeding gives you authoritative, practical answers to your questions. Written by three prominent breastfeeding experts, Karin Cadwell, Cindy Turner-Maffei and Anna Blair, with “insider” advice from actual mothers, this book is an invaluable resource!
To buy this book from Amazon.com, click here: 100 Questions & Answers About Breastfeeding
- Pocket Guide for Lactation ManagementAuthors: Karin Cadwell, PhD, RN, IBCLC and Cindy Turner-Maffei, MA, IBCLC
An Evidence-Based Guide for All Health Care Providers! This easy-to-use guide is the perfect planning resource and a key reference for the variety of situations commonly encountered by those working with lactating and breastfeeding mothers and their babies. Conveniently organized by the issue that the health care provider will meet, this pocket guide helps caregivers quickly resolve key challenges such as: babies who aren’t gaining weight fast enough, mother with sore nipples, and basic sucking problems. Quick reference charts, algorithms and diagrams assist the caregiver in quickly determining whether they have assessed the situation correctly.
- To buy this book from Amazon.com, click here: Pocket Guide for Lactation Management
Breastfeeding A – Z: Terminology and Telephone TriageAuthors: Karin Cadwell, PhD, RN, IBCLC , Cindy Turner-Maffei, MA, IBCLCTelephone Triage for Breastfeeding will improve continuity of care by providing nurses, physicians, and nutritionists with evidence-based information on common breastfeeding issues. This book serves as an effective desk reference for lactation counselors and consultants as well.
To buy this book from Amazon.com, click here: Breastfeeding A-Z: Terminology and Telephone Triage
- Case Studies in Breastfeeding: Problem Solving Skills and StrategiesAuthors: Karin
- Cadwell, PhD, RN, IBCLC , Cindy Turner-Maffei, MA, IBCLCCase Studies in
- Breastfeeding: Problem Solving Skills and Strategies combines logic, wisdom, and theory in order to convey a deeper understanding of how to act in accordance with the highest needs of the breastfeeding mother and baby. In this book, authors KarinCadwell, PhD, RN, IBCLC and Cindy Turner-Maffei, MA, IBCLC develop a consultative framework and present illustrative case studies designed to increase the practitioner’s knowledge about managing complex breastfeeding cases. It includes tables and charts as well as color prints, copyright 2004
P.S., IBCLC in CA writes: “I’m reading Case Studies in Breastfeeding fresh off the press. It’s great! It’s like a mystery novel with all the luscious trimmings – each chapter completes not one but several mystery stories – all solved. Thanks soooooo much.”
To buy this book from Amazon.com, click here: Case Studies in Breastfeeding: Problem-Solving Skills & Strategies
- Maternal and Infant Assessment for Breastfeeding and Human Lactation.Authors: Karin Cadwell, PhD, RN, IBCLC; Cindy Turner-Maffei, MA, IBCLC; Barbara O’Connor, RN, BSN, IBCLC; Anna Cadwell Blair, PhD, Lois Arnold, PhD, Elyse Blair, RN, BSN, IBCLC.
This book focuses on assessment parameters and skills for the lactation counselor or consultant related to case finding, reporting, noting change, and documenting the assessment. Major topics also include infant assessment scales, breast and maternal assessment, lexicon of assessment and documentation, normal and gross anatomy of mother and infant, and normal and abnormal development of the anatomy and physiology of the breastfeeding dyad. This text features 48 color plates and 30 black and white drawings.
To buy this book from Amazon.com, click here: Maternal and Infant Assessment for Breastfeeding and Human Lactation: A Guide for the Practitioner
- Reclaiming Breastfeeding for the United States.
Karin Cadwell, PhD, RN, IBCLC, Editor; Cindy Turner-Maffei, MA, IBCLC; Anna Cadwell Blair, PhD, CLC; Lois Arnold, MPH, IBCLC; Zoe Maja McInerney, MA, CLC; Charles Cadwell, PhD; Kajsa Brimdyr, PhD.
This important and timely book explores the policy and practice landscape of breastfeeding in the US and offers strategies and new paradigms for understanding the current breastfeeding situation in the United States.
Now available: Continuing education modules for Reclaiming Breastfeeding – Earn up to 25 contact hours for CLCs, IBCLCs, and RNs! Click here to download a flyer for more information.
To buy this book from Amazon.com, click here: Reclaiming Breastfeeding for the United States : Protection, Promotion and Support
INDONESIAN BRESTFEEDING NETWORK (IBN)
Office ; JL Taman Bendungan Asahan 5 Jakarta Indonesia 10210
phone : 62(021) 70081995 – 5703646
email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Editor in Chief :
Dr WIDODO JUDARWANTO
email : email@example.com
Copyright © 2009, Indonesian Breastfeeding Network Information Education Network. All rights reserved.